15 February 2011

Tripe, Head Cheese and Pig Innards…

“What are you eating?” Jim asked me last night as I was propped up on the counter next to the cash register reading a motorcycle magazine from the magazine rack near my department. 

“Vienna sausages and saltine crackers,” I replied as I rung up his cold cuts and Swiss sub.

“You know what those sausages are made of don’t you?” Jim then asked.

“You sound like my mother when I told her to get me some!” I laughed and then replied.

“Well, if you like head cheese and tripe then that is a good source of them.”

“No wonder Maggie thinks those are God’s gift to earth!”

Sunset and Sunrise…

“Were are you going?” Jan, our cute, nosey, and bubbly cashier, asked inquisitively to me this morning  as I hurried past her at a dizzying stride headed outside. 

“I am going out to see the first light of dawn on what is going to be a fantastic and beautiful day!”

It was 6:45am and the first light was on the horizon.  We were just about to change shifts in my department.  The weather guessers were all predicting highs in the mid-seventies today – a touch of Spring in the air.  Stuff like this reminds me to stop and smell the proverbial coffee so to speak.  The temperature was about 34 degrees so it wasn’t very comfortable, but it certainly wasn’t downright nasty like many of the nights we have been having.  Also, the first few customers after a very quiet night were beginning to filter inside – mainly the grocery crowd.  

Let There Be Colas…

Imagine my disappointment as I headed home and drove to my parent’s house not to find my six sodas for the day on the porch.  I know I drive my parents crazy calling so early in the day, but mom insists on giving me these cokes as her part of taking care of me and my needs.  Dad had promised me they would be on the porch since it wasn’t getting below freezing this morning.  I hated to call, but I am impetuous like my mother.  I managed to get mom to the phone after only two less reputation damaging rings.

“I’ll put them out in just a minute,” my mother replied. 

Thank You!!!

You can easily tell by the amount of comments I am getting these days that I essentially halved my readership while I was not on the internet for so long.  I appreciate those of you that stood by me and even started up webpages in my support.  It didn’t escape me what all my online friends were doing in the hopes of my return.  Thank you dear friends and special people.  Hopefully, I can pay you back by not being so capricious and erratic in the future.  I didn’t mean for it to happen.  I just wasn’t feeling well and communication on the Internet or otherwise was not my forte at the time.

23 comments:

forsythia said...

Your absence for so long was a mystery to be solved. People kept returning, hoping the crisis, whatever it was, was over. Don't worry if your readership falls off a little. You're an intriguing writer, and you are interesting even when things are normal. We all know that newspapers have to rely on murder, mayhem, scandal, fires, graft, corruption, tragedy to keep their readers. Too much good news seems to get on people's nerves. :-)

amelia said...

I'm guessing that your readership hasn't dropped off. I' thinking people just aren't commenting.
Quite often there really isn't anything to comment on but I'm sure your readership is the same.

pattycakes said...

im guilty of not commenting , sorry but its just so good to have you back i just sat back and had my coffee and like a good book , picked it up where i left off , you are such a good writer that i forget to comment and sorry for neglecting you , dont apologize for taking time off , i dont know how you do it everyday anyway ,im sure it is a little hard to have so many people expecting stuff from you every day anyway , you need some time off once in awhile
maybe just let us know next time that you are ok .
have a great day :) spring is in the air ,love it

Patti said...

I still read. I just don't comment much. :)

Diana said...

I don't comment on most posts..only those that move me to do so...but don't go doing anything squirrely just to get us to comment now! LOL

webmaster said...

We love you and are satisfied just to know you are still here. Carry on, dear friend.
Love,
Catherine

Syd said...

Well, glad that you are doing well. I do notice that your posts are more subdued now.

Annabel said...

I know I haven't commented lately, but I'm still here and still reading every time you post something. I'm very happy you're back, but take breaks when you need to. I miss your comments on my blog though - but I'm not going to complain since I haven't been very good at that myself lately.

LDAlvarez said...

I'm here because I enjoy reading your posts. I'm very happy that you're back.
I may not comment every post, but I'm a faithful reader.
Take good care of you Andrew.

Lena said...

I still read you every day. Every day.

This IS The Fun Part! said...

I miss your videos - and photos! I've almost forgotten what your ladies look like!

Maybe you should see if Mrs. F would fry up some Chittline. THAT would certainly shake up your middle of the night lunch friend!

Keep up the wonderful chatter! I still love reading you every day!

Love ya,
Grannie

glittergirl said...

i'm still reading. wanted to comment on loving vienna sausages with saltines!

i'm enjoying having you back and the day to day posts.

also hoping for some dog photos soon.

:)

Tee said...

I read your blog every day. You were greatly missed when you took time off, but do understand the need for a rest.

OMG, how do you eat that stuff? When I was a kid my Mama used to make us potted meat sandwiches when we went fishing. Gag.

amor said...

That is some inspirational stuff. Never knew that opinions could be this varied. Thanks for all the enthusiasm to offer such helpful information here.

accident legal advice

- PT said...

I don't comment much either however I read you everyday. If you are taking requests I would love to see either videos of your pups and/or picture of them. I miss seeing them on your blog. I also would love to maybe if you're up to it, see a video with you in it like you used to do. I miss those too.

Just a thought...take care of yourself we all care for you out here.

Summer said...

Your blog is the first one I read every day and I so look forward to it.

Jenn said...

I'm here, i just don't comment too often. Sometimes I just can't think of what to say. That's not just with you, it's with face book & other blogs too. I guess I must be in the blahs right now.

Sharon said...

We all go through periods where we don't feel like communicating. It's okay. Maybe next time you dont feel like blogging, you can say that you're taking a break for a while, so we don't worry if you disappear suddenly. I think that was the worst part, not knowing that you voluntarily took some time off. No explanations are needed, but we'd like to know you're safe and well. We care.

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I have been here as well. I just have had no reason to comment of late.

PipeTobacco
http://frumpyprofessor.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

I think a lot of people read but don't comment. Ya know?

Tokyo Biker Mommy said...

Life happens. :) It's good to have you back but ya do what ya gotta do.

vivalarobot said...

i still read, i just don't comment a lot. glad to see you posting regularly again. :)

Carol said...

I can be an erratic blogger too so I know what it's like to appreciate the readers. Currently, my block is that I discontinued internet at the house because I want to use my time more consciously. It's an experiment and I doubt it will last forever.