Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
11 March 2011

The Great Sausage Biscuit Crusade…

They're certain things you just do not say around Horsefly or you will bring down the wrath of the Charlie.  Words such as Bowling Alley, Walmart and Kroger get his motor to running and he has to go then and right there.  You basically have to drop what your doing and go, or there will be hell, as in a severe tantrum, to pay. Horsefly has also been known to try and jump out of a moving car when he doesn’t get to go once this process of the spoken word is underway.  You just can’t say no or reason with him. 

Mom can be similar in a way.  You have to be very careful what you say in front her as it can set off a chain of events akin to a snowball rolling downhill.    Things can also get very complicated at the drop of a hat. 

I had made mention to mom this morning that I was going to try and find cheaper frozen sausage biscuits that would be easy to warm up for my pups in the morning. I want to come home when I get off work and not sit in the drive thru line at Mickey D’s which is always gangbusters at 7am. Mom then took it upon herself to look for the biscuits for the dog’s sake.   Little did I know that mom went on a two hour, three grocery store crusade to find frozen sausage biscuits that were similar to McDonald's. I thought she was only going to be gone for 30 minutes and she showed up hours later.  I am sure I will hear something about this from my father when he gets off from work tonight. 

5 Crickets Chirped:

impromptublogger said...

Well, if it kept her out of trouble for a while- lol. And Jimmy Dean or whatever has to be cheaper then McD's and easy to just heat in the microwave. The doggies won't really care that much - just as long as they get their treat!

forsythia said...

Not only was she trying to save you time and trouble, but she must also care about those "pups" if she went shopping for just the right sausage biscuits for them.

Noofy said...

You're right about watch what you say arount Mom, things DO have a way of snowballing, it must be a Mom thing. I miss that with my Mom, she passed away 12 years ago. Tell your Mom that you really appreciate what she did, she saved you so much time and effort (whether it is true or not). She'll be so happy thinking she helped you.

Summer said...

This reminds me of my favorite Post Secret post card. It said, "I'll never forgive you for the biscuit incident."

I've always wondered....

C.A. said...

Well, she certainally grabs hold of an idea and sees it through! :)

Every time you mention Horsefly I think of toilets flushing, LOL.

Happy Friday, my friend!

C.A.