Saturday, March 19, 2011

Is the Transmission Clear?

I picked George up at around 2pm this afternoon at Mrs. Florene’s house.  George was going to help me change the automatic transmission fluid on my older Honda. He said he would have done anything to get out from under has mother’s thumb today as well so he was an extra happy soul when I pulled into the driveway. I let George smell the fluid as I rubbed it between two of my fingers.  The fluid will take on a slight burnt odor as it further deteriorates. 

“Yep!” George astutely replied of the fluid. “It needs changing.”
“It probably hasn’t been changed since the car was bought new,”  I said in agreement.

We headed to the Honda dealership in Lagrange first to pick up ATF fluid and a new filter and pan gasket. It was much more expensive than AutoZone, but I will pay a little extra for the peace of mind it will give me by buying the fluids and parts that are Honda branded.

George sat and gossiped the whole time I worked making good use out of his mouth and not his hands – mostly about women and how much he loves them.  George looked down at me at one point as said, “A least I am black and don’t show as much dirt like all you white honkeys.  You look like you’ve been wallowing in grease!”

I burst out laughing!

2 comments:

Sharyna said...

George is a hoot!!

Tokyo Biker Mommy said...

You are such a renaissance man, is there anything you can't do? :)