Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
10 March 2011

It’s Impedance, Dear…

I’ve gotten to where I don’t take my iPad or laptop into work with me.  They’re just too very enticing to resist during the slow hours of the night and I have almost no willpower whatsoever when it comes to resisting goofing off on the Internet.  If I need to check the weather then I will just have to use my smartphone.  Twitter is also a big draw as well with all the New Zealanders busily twitting at midnight or later.  I always have busywork I can find to do during slow times such as dusting and fronting shelves or stocking items. 

I had a tough question last night from a fellow who was putting together a home theater.

“I have a switch on the back of my home theater receiver where you can set the impedance to 4 ohms or 8 ohms,” He told me. “How do you calculate the correct impedance for your speakers and receiver?”

I explained to him it has a lot to do with the size (gauge) and impedance of his speaker wires.  I ran it by Derrick when he came in at seven and he told me I did  a good job with such a tough question.  The guy left after buying several expensive rolls of heavy gauge speaker wire.

Crossing My Fingers and Knocking On Wood…

I feel like I am going to jinx myself writing about this, but has anyone noticed the lack of crazy, oddball and capricious stuff lately in my life?  I have settled into this quiet, serene and comfortable calm since coming off that antipsychotic. Dad says I am just cycling moods like my mother often does. I have to constantly remind him that he is a pharmacist and not a psychiatrist.  Dad also about fainted when I told him my psychiatrist took me off Risperdal at my behest.  I cringe every time he tells me I am schizophrenic and he often does.

13 Crickets Chirped:

Zephyr said...

As long as your doctor is watching the results closely, I don't think your dad should be worrying. Though, of course, parents ALWAYS worry. I'm just glad it seems to be going so well for you!

glittermom said...

Your doing fine and your right, your dad is not a doctor...I also credit you for George doing so well..I feel without you as a friend he would be back where he was..Congrads!

amelia said...

I love your life, never get tired of reading!

webmaster said...

It’s easier for your father to assign vulnerabilities and to compartmentalize people than to face his own weaknesses. By putting you and your mother (and others) down, he is building himself up. You know that already. Your Mom, when un-medicated, is creative and full of life. But you know that, too.

You are doing fine, Andrew. You are well-grounded and stable. You have made wise choices. You sought the counsel of a doctor you could trust. All BIG accomplishments. Do not receive the seeds of doom and gloom that your father’s words bring.

Remember that in spite of MUCH opposition, you have become a mature, stable adult. And look at all you have accomplished! You have a job that YOU sought out and that fits. How many of us can say that? You have peace and contentment because YOU determined what that means for you. You have amazing compassion and insight towards others that YOU quietly express in your own way. You are a man of admirable character.

And ... you have an online community that YOU created. We are here each day for a virtual visit because we like being around you. Every day. Just because you are you.

Carry on, my friend.
Love,
Catherine

LDAlvarez said...

Aye, Catherine said it all so perfectly. I concur :-)

Golden To Silver Val said...

I am another long-time reader who is very proud of all your accomplishments. You've done very well...keep up the good work. Sorry about those links....I don't know why Blogger does this at times..I didn't put them there so please delete them if you can. Thanks.

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

I have to agree with Catherine 100%. You see that as you've eliminated that toxic mix of meds you're more on an even keel. You're thinking more clearly and making rational and healthy decisions in your life. I'm sure that rankles your Dad because now you're not dependent on him. You've become independent and a productive member of society. And in the end, you've seemed so much happier than you ever were, which is what counts the most.

LM said...

I found your Dad's comment very annoying. You could say to him, "It takes one to know one" but that would be putting yourself down and that would make no sense because you are doing so very, very well. What an accomplishment!

This IS The Fun Part! said...

I think that your decision making has been fantastic - you need to listen to what your mind and heart say and of course listen to YOUR doctor. Anyone else's opinion should not influence what you do.

I'm proud to call you my friend!

Grannie

mngirl said...

Bravo! I'm so happy to hear that you are doing so well. I can't believe I've been reading your blog for almost 4 years now!
Genya

justLacey said...

I agree, I never get tired of hearing how well you are doing. I think the lack of drama in your life is a good thing. I see a lot of it at work every day. Mostly addicts on probation of some kind and lives full of DRAMA. I like things quiet and mostly happy and I hope that is what you are feeling.

Syd said...

Glad that you have a real doctor who is helping you.