Friday, January 20, 2012

Dat Be Fried Eggplant…

When dad told me last night that we were having fried eggplant, crescent rolls, and fried chicken for lunch, I was overjoyed. Dad used to grow eggplants in his garden for years. I actually got very excited like a giddy little child. It has be years since I last tasted eggplant. And no Paula Dean jokes by the way. Yes, we love frying everything and anything in the South, but not as much that we’re having epidemics in scope of health crisis and obesity here. All in moderation dears. She’s just one high profile woman in millions of physically fit southern ladies. The few who get diabetes I felt sorry for. I felt even more sorry for Paula when the press jumped on her and typically piles on when she is down like a pack of vicious and rabid dogs. 

Yonder Bed We Do Harkin Thee…

Have you ever dreamt that your asleep?  That is what I have been doing all morning – nodding in my command chair teetering on falling flat to the floor.  I am ready to get home and get in the bed to gain a few more hours of shuteye. 

4 comments:

Sharon said...

My grandson was six when he was diagnosed with diabetes. It isn't always caused by diet, genetics have a lot to do with it. People need to get off of Paula Deen's case.

Tee and Hubby said...

Paul Deen's health is her private business. She had no obligation to reveal a single thing about her health. The media needs to get a life.

kristi said...

I think Paula Deen is beautiful. And yes she has diabetes, maybe she can make some small changes that will help. People need to worry about other things instead of always passing judgment.

Joy Heather said...

Fried chicken, eggplant and corn bread sound wonderful...i am a diabetic and while we do have to be careful..you can make little changes that enable you to eat tasty things..we call Eggplant Aubergine over here..and you can just brush it with oil and season it..I always season my chicken & cook in foil. Also we are allowed treats..how sad that people judge others instead of getting on with their own lives.