Wednesday, February 1, 2012

After Many Mild Mornings, the Biting Cold Returns…

Maggie and I set out on our walk extra, extra early this morning.  I woke up to use the bathroom and was wide awake afterwards. I lay in the bed for a short time and just decided to get up and get going. It must have been around 3am when we left my front door into the dark gloom facing us.  I regretfully have to report that the viciously brutal cold and biting wind was back with gusto.  We’ve had so many nice and warm mornings lately in-between these seasonal changes. We walked much faster than usual today as well anxious to see how Maggie fared.  She did great. I mainly just wanted to stay warm by keeping up the pace.  Maggie wanted to take in all the early morning sights and sounds. She was really protective of me this morning as well and I told her I would growl and bark for her too.  I had on my super nice fleece pullover that I washed last night via the washer and it was still fluffy and warm from the dryer, It smelled great and was much needed comfort on our chilly walk.

Be a Man and Don’t Use People…

I’m not much to toot my own horn or brag, but this guy just gets my goose. “The Homeless Guy” was remarking proudly on his thirtieth year after becoming homeless the other day.  I would tell him to be a man and don’t use people should be his next shining improvement.  Oh, and being homeless is so not cool! So many people have put and poured so much time, money, and effort into the guy it is amazing.  He is always back to square one sitting in another coffee shop with his laptop. I’ve told myself many times about the guy that I have learned how to be a 1st class lout and could make it homeless easily. He say’s it is hard.  I don’t think sitting all day with your laptop on the Internet to be hard.

Calls of Concern…

“Did Johnny call you?” my mother asked me last night via the phone as I lie on my side on the rug covering the floor putting a bird feeder together that my sister bought for me the other day.

“No,” I responded. “Why?”

“He was going to tell you how sorry he was about all the anxiety he caused for you,” mom  told me. 

“Interesting,” I said as I leaned up from the floor to put the phone down. “The fickle winds of change surely have changed quite vastly lately. Dad would never think of doing such a thing months ago.

Well, it is 7:00 am and time to get ready for volunteering.  I just know I am going to need a very long nap when I get home around lunch. It is going to feel so nice.  I think I might get take out Korean as well this afternoon.  

No comments: