28 February 2012

Tuesday Surprise Church Barbeque and a Recognizance Mission…

Using the standard protocol for the usual southern barbecue, Charlie just brought by two barbeque chicken plates from a local church, a church noted for their delicious endeavors in such classic Southern fare; the church barbeque. He also bought one for Pauline and one for Maggie as well.  I can’t wait to get home and give Maggie some.  She’s going to be so excited when she smells it, but I think chicken bones are a no-no.  I will have to be careful with what the Mag Dawg gets. 

“Show me what you’ve been doing.” Charlie asked he asked after telling us the plates needed to be well heated. He had bought them yesterday or either Sunday he said.

I showed him all our ten newly installed Dell computers that I had proudly hooked up and that I had a say in what was bought.

“He’s good,” Pauline told Charlie off to the side in earshot.   

That really made me blush.  Aw, shucks.

“I knew you would really like and enjoy this volunteer position,” he told me extremely happily as he gave me a “guy hug”.

I was very happy to have this position Charlie had secured for me. I told Charlie that as well. I didn’t tell him that I was looking for a paying gig as I need to start earning income again. We’ll talk about that some other time when it is just me and Charlie and an appropriate time with more privacy. I just need some advice and direction. 

3 comments:

Summer said...

Are you planning on reviving your lawn care business when the grass starts growing again?

Sharon said...

I hope that when you get a paying job it's doing something you love, like working with computers. I think you have a specific niche that you fit into, a skill that some of us don't have, that's very marketable. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Tee said...

There should be no reason you can't find a paying gig with your computer skills. Obviously, you love what you are doing, why not get paid?